• 2 min de lectura
• 2 min de lectura
Qeshm, below, and the port districts of Bandar Abbas, upper right (NASA)
Published
May 7, 2026 6:03 PM by
The Maritime Executive
Amidst an ongoing ceasefire and active negotiations towards a peace deal, the U.S. has bombed the island of Qeshm and port of Bandar Abbas, officials have confirmed to Fox News.
The kinetic strikes were not a resumption of the full-scale conflict, nor a ceasefire violation, the U.S. officials said. This perspective puts the intervention on par with this week's Iranian attacks on warships, merchant ships and energy infrastructure, which injured at least 11 people but were not a formal breach of the ceasefire, according to the White House.
The Iranian reaction is still evolving. In a statement, the general staff of Iran's armed forces framed the U.S. attacks as a ceasefire violation, and claimed that retaliatory strikes had already been launched against U.S. warships, according to Iranian researcher Babak Vahdad.
Tasnim News initially attributed the attacks not to the U.S., but to the UAE, which has previously played a supporting role for U.S. forces but has generally refrained from frontline combat.
"If this issue is confirmed, the UAE will pay the cost of its hostile action," Tasnim stated.
The outlet said that blasts heard in Bandar Abbas were "defense activity in response to two small aircraft."
Antiaircraft fire seen over Iran's capital, Tehran, a few moments ago. pic.twitter.com/wasn4eKTWs
— OSINTtechnical (@Osinttechnical) May 7, 2026
According to Fars, "commercial areas" of the Bahman Pier on Qeshm were targeted. Mehr News reports that additional blasts were heard along Iran's Strait of Hormuz coastline, in Minab, Gachin, Bandar e Khamir and Sirik.
Fuente: The Maritime Executive

